Winter Kiting Classroom
Tuesday, Nov 21, 2023 (5:30 pm - 7:30 pm)
Event Description: This classroom lesson will cover the basics of kiting and serve as an introduction to the sport. Important kiting concepts and theories will be covered and demonstrated through instructional videos. A trainer kite will also be available for use and viewing so that aspects of rigging can be taught prior to taking the outdoor classes. A brief talk on ice safety will also be given. Students who have already progressed to outdoor classes but have yet to see the video are also welcome. This class must be taken prior to taking a Winter Kiting A lesson.
Prior to attending this class, students should review the Winter Kiting Manual and the following videos:
A playlist with more detailed information on snowkiting can be found here. This information will be covered in class and does not need to be watched beforehand.
Location: Check the Today in the Union website or the digital signs in Memorial Union on the day of the lesson. Note that the event start time may appear earlier on the TITU listing but will begin at the time shown here. If the event does not appear on the TITU listing, please go to the Outdoor UW Office and speak with the staff to determine the event location.
Students who complete this lesson will receive an Intro to Kiting Attendance rating.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account. We ask that students remove themselves from a lesson as soon as they know they will be unable to attend; lessons dropped within 24 hours of the lesson's start time will be considered a Late Drop. If you no-show for a lesson without informing the instructor, they may temporarily suspend your lesson sign-up privileges.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur on land. Participants are welcome to attend in their regular attire, no need for sailing clothes.