Jam Cruise - Sunset Play & Sing Along
Friday, Aug 16, 2019 (8:00 pm - 11:59 pm)
Music lovers unite! If you play a musical instrument or sing, then this is the cruise for you. Lyrics and chords are projected up on a on a sail. All you have to do is play or sing along as we watch the sun go down on a very mellow sunset sail. If you play an instrument, bring it! If not, we give you a maraca and make you part of the rhythm section. No sailing or musical experience required. Non-Hoofer guests are welcome.
Songs we play include:
- Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffet
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Kokomo – Beach Boys
- Havana – Camila Cabello
- Proud Mary – Credence Clearwater Revival
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- And many more . . .
Meet us under the lakefront yellow canopy during the Hoofer Friday Night Social and enjoy free food. We will depart for our rockin’ sunset cruise around 8:00 and return between 11:00 and midnight. We will be sailing on a Tartan Ten (T10), which is 33 feet long and the largest boat in the Hoofer fleet. If weather does not permit, we will still have our jam session, but we will hold it on land in the union.
Recommended instruments for the boat:
- Any smaller or hand-held acoustic instrument
Instruments not recommended
- You get the point . . .
- Dress in layers! The middle of the lake is typically colder than land, especially at night. You may appreciate a sweater or light jacket.
- Close-toe shoes. Flip flops, sandals and high heels are not a good idea.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training