Winter Kiting A: Kite Flying - UBAY FIELDS
Saturday, Feb 1, 2020 (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
Event Description: The lesson will cover techniques for safely launching and flying a kite on land. Students will work in pairs with the guidance of their instructor to practice these skills. Students should come prepared with warm, comfortable clothing.
Prior to attending this class, students should review the Winter Kiting Manual and the following videos:
- Kiteboarding Safety Precautions - Though this video uses a water kiteboarding example, the information is equally applicable to snow kiting.
- Ozone Access, Frenzy, & Summit De-power Foil Kites
- Heavy Air Instructional Video
- Survival in the Ice
Location: This lesson meets at Memorial Union in the Mendota Lodge, across from the Outdoor UW Office in the Hoofer hallway. Kiting will take place on Lake Mendota.
Prerequisites: Winter Kiting Classroom rating (obtained by attending a Winter Kiting Classroom lesson).
Students who take this lesson will be working toward earning their Winter Kiting Kite Flying (A) rating. It may take several lessons to achieve proficiency in the skills that constitute the rating. Ratings are issued at the discretion of the instructor.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- (not set)
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- (not set)