Intro to Dinghy Sailing
Monday, Jun 14, 2021 (9:00 am - 11:30 am)
Event Information: This two and a half hour on-land lesson will cover the basics of sailing and introduce you to two of the Hoofer Sailing Club’s introductory boats, the Badger Techs and RS Zests. Instructional topics will include boat vocabulary, basic sailing principles, knots, and rigging (setting up) both types of boat. Students will not be in boats during this lesson and are welcome to wear regular clothes instead of sailing clothes.
Participants must abide by all Hoofer Sailing Club Covid-19 event protocols during this event.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: Ground School Attendance Rating.
Students who take this lesson will be issued the Intro to Dinghy Attendance Rating
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur on land. Participants are welcome to attend in their regular attire, no need for sailing clothes.