Virtual Ground School
Thursday, Oct 7, 2021 (5:30 pm - 7:30 pm)
Event Information: Want to learn to sail? Come join us! Our Ground School lesson is an introductory and informational course about the Hoofer Sailing Club and all it has to offer. No membership is required to sign up for this course, though one can be purchased afterwards for access to all lessons.
About the Club: The Hoofer Sailing Club, established in 1939, is a collection of students and community members working together to maintain a fleet of boats for recreational and competitive sailing. Membership includes unlimited lessons and boat usage. Our fleet, one of the largest in the nation, includes dinghies, keelboats, windsurfing and even winter kiting. The Hoofer Sailing Club is an association of individuals working together to maintain a fleet of boats for recreational and competitive sailing, and to offer a top-notch instruction program. More information can be found online here.
Location: This Lesson will occur virtually through the Zoom platform. Members signed up for this event will receive an email from the lessons site on the day of the presentation containing a link and password for joining the meeting. Please keep an eye out for it.
Using Zoom is free. You do not need to install the app or create a Zoom account, but doing so may result in a better user experience. Please visit the Zoom website for more information (https://zoom.us).
Students who attend this lesson will earn their Ground School Attendance rating, which opens access to other sailing lessons.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Virtually format lesson; no gear/equipment required