Introduction to Boat Financing - Winter Education Series
Wednesday, Jan 26, 2022 (6:30 pm - 8:00 pm)
Event Information: The winter education series is a weekly lecture on a variety of sailing topics. Please see below for a detailed list of this seasons dates, times and topics.
Location: Check the Today in the Union website or the digital signs in Memorial Union on the day of the lesson. Note that the event start time may appear earlier on the TITU listing but will begin at the time shown here. If the event does not appear on the TITU listing, please go to the Outdoor UW Office and speak with the staff to determine the event location. Face coverings must be worn for the duration of the event.
January 19: Understanding Marine Diesel Engines with Gretchen Ladd
January 26: Introduction to Boat Financing with Sarah Palmer and Luke Justman
February 2: Sailing in Big Water - Storm and Squall Tactics | Managing Waves, reefing, Heaving-To, Sea Anchors, Taking Shelter, Advanced Anchoring with Dave Elsmo
February 9: Dreaming of Sailing Around the World? You Can Do It! with Jo Reis
February 16: How it All Went Down Down Under | A Review of the 36th American's Cup with Philip Tietze
February 23: Introduction to Fiberglass, Gelcoat, Wetsanding, and Polishing with Mills Botham
March 2: On-the-Water Weather Prediction | Choosing Course for Weather in a Distance Race with Dave Elsmo
March 9: Introduction to Marine Four Stroke Engines with Mills Botham
March 16: Sail GP - The Greatest Show on Water with Philip Tietze
March 23: So You Want to Be Commodore? | The Phase 2 Marina Project with Commodore Austin Suvari
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur on land. Participants are welcome to attend in their regular attire, no need for sailing clothes.