Sail GP - The Greatest Show on Water - Winter Education Series
Wednesday, Mar 16, 2022 (6:30 pm - 8:00 pm)
Event Information: The winter education series is a weekly lecture on a variety of sailing topics. Please see below for a detailed list of this seasons dates, times and topics.
Location: This online presentation will be held on the Zoom platform.
Participants signed up for this event will receive an email from the lessons site on the day of the presentation containing a link and password for joining the meeting. Please keep an eye out for it.
Using Zoom is free. You do not need to install the app or create a Zoom account, but doing so may result in a better user experience. Please visit the Zoom website for more information (https://zoom.us).
January 19: Understanding Marine Diesel Engines with Gretchen Ladd
January 26: Introduction to Boat Financing with Sarah Palmer and Luke Justman
February 2: Sailing in Big Water - Storm and Squall Tactics | Managing Waves, reefing, Heaving-To, Sea Anchors, Taking Shelter, Advanced Anchoring with Dave Elsmo
February 9: Dreaming of Sailing Around the World? You Can Do It! with Jo Reis
February 16: How it All Went Down Down Under | A Review of the 36th American's Cup with Philip Tietze
February 23: Introduction to Fiberglass, Gelcoat, Wetsanding, and Polishing with Mills Botham
March 2: On-the-Water Weather Prediction | Choosing Course for Weather in a Distance Race with Dave Elsmo
March 9: Introduction to Marine Four Stroke Engines with Mills Botham
March 16: Sail GP - The Greatest Show on Water with Philip Tietze
March 23: So You Want to Be Commodore? | The Phase 2 Marina Project with Commodore Austin Suvari
March 30: Keelboat Racing Chalk-Talk with the Wisconsin Sailing Team with Tye Rubin
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur on land. Participants are welcome to attend in their regular attire, no need for sailing clothes.