Friday, Jun 24, 2022 (5:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
Event Information: This three hour lesson will review the topics of the Advanced Dinghy Classroom lesson and focus on the rigging, boat handling, landing, capsizing and crew overboard procedures of the 420. Emphasis is placed on learning the finer details associated with sailing dinghies as the 420s are a responsive, two person, high performance boat. Most students take this course once or twice before moving on to the Advanced Dinghy Practical.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: Advanced Dinghy Classroom Attendance Rating and either a Tech or Zest Light Rating
Students who take this lesson will be working toward earning their 420 Light rating. It may take several lessons to achieve proficiency in the skills that constitute the rating. Ratings are given at the discretion of the Instructor.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.