Advanced Dinghy Classroom
Monday, Aug 8, 2022 (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
Event Information: This two hour classroom lesson will cover a variety of topics on small-boat-sailing and other general information to help new sailors hone their skills and progress into the more advanced fleets. Topics covered include:
Physics of sailing
Effective use of sail controls
Heavy wind sailing considerations
Effective seating positions and hiking techniques
Introduction to sailboat racing
Instructors will endeavor to leave time at the end of the lesson to answer individual questions.
Location: Check the Today in the Union website or the digital signs in Memorial Union on the day of the lesson. Note that the event start time may appear earlier on the TITU listing but will begin at the time shown here. If the event does not appear on the TITU listing, please go to the Outdoor UW Office and speak with the staff to determine the event location.
Prerequisites: This Classroom lesson is intended for students who are working toward or have already obtained a Tech Light or Zest Light Rating. Attending this course and having earned either a Tech or Zest Light allows members to take lessons in the Advanced Dinghies (Laser, Byte, and 420).
Students who take this lesson will receive an Advanced Dinghy Classroom Attendance rating. This rating, along with a Tech or Zest Light rating, will allow a student to sign up for 420, Laser, and Byte lessons.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur on land. Participants are welcome to attend in their regular attire, no need for sailing clothes.