Sunday, Aug 14, 2022 (3:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
Prerequisite: 4 lessons with wind on a J or Racing Keelboat.
Learn the steps of setting up, launching, flying, jibing, and dousing the spinnaker! You will rotate crew positions to learn what every position entails. Multiple spinnaker lessons are required before a rating can be achieved. Prior to this lesson, please review the spinnaker information provided in the J-Fleet Manual. Hardcopies are available for purchase in the Outdoor Programs Office for $3 a copy.
Location: This lesson will meet on the wooden deck next to the Lakelab.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.