Advanced Dinghy Practical
Wednesday, Sep 28, 2022 (4:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Event Information: This lesson is an opportunity for students to showcase their skills and abilities in a 420, Laser or Byte to an instructor. Students should come prepared to rig, launch, sail, and land a 420, Laser or Byte without assistance.
Participants must abide by all Hoofer Sailing Club Covid-19 event protocols during this event.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: Either a Tech or Zest Light Rating
Students who show proficiency in all criteria in this lesson will be issued either their 420, Byte or Laser Light rating. Ratings are issued at the discretion of the Instructor.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.