Badger Sloop Lesson
Wednesday, Sep 28, 2022 (1:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
Event Information: This three hour lesson will focus on refinement of skills learned in the Intro to Badger Sloop Sailing lesson. Students will have the chance to further practice rigging, boat handling, landing and crew overboard procedures. This lesson will take place predominantly on the water.
Location: This lesson will meet under the yellow canopy next to the lake lab. If you are unable to find your instructor, or if there is inclement weather, please check in with the Outdoor UW Office.
Prerequisites: Completion of the Intro to Badger Sloop Sailing Lesson. Please review the Badger Sloop Manual prior to this lesson.
Students who take this lesson will be working toward earning their Sloop Light rating. The Sloop fleet uses a series of skill check-off ratings (Rigging, Crew Overboard, Landing, Boat Handling) to help keep track of proficiency. Once all of the check-off ratings have been earned by a student, they will be issued a Badger Sloop Light rating. It may take several lessons to achieve proficiency in the skills that constitute the rating. Ratings are issued at the discretion of the Instructor.
- Event Type
- Lesson / Training (ratings may be achieved)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- If this event is cancelled more than 24 hours in advance, participants will be notified via the email associated with their membership account. If the event needs to be cancelled within 24 hours of the event start time, the instructor will call each participant individually via the phone number associated with their membership account.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- This event will occur either partly or primarily on the water. Participants should wear attire they can move easily in and are comfortable getting wet. Close-toed shoes are required on all Hoofer craft. Lifejackets will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer. Use of sunglasses, sunscreen, and a water bottle are strongly encouraged.