Outdoor Explorer Series (Introductory Course): Intro to Cross Country Skiing
Friday, Feb 17, 2023 (5:00 pm - 7:00 pm)
Join Outdoor UW for their new Outdoor Explorer Series. Learn and practice a new skill that will make you more comfortable and excited for your next adventure!
Intro to XC Skiing
Getting outside during winter in Wisconsin can be a bit challenging…xc skiing to the rescue! We will learn about the basics of xc skiing in the classroom, then move onto the lake for some hands-on practice. Join us on this introductory course to learn the ins and outs of this winter activity.
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
Learn about what xc skiing is and why it is popular
Understand the difference between classic and skate skiing
Learn about what gear is needed to have a successful trip
Get hands-on practice on xc skis
*** Cross country ski-ing gear will be provided for practice purposes at this event ****
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Accommodation Information
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event that the course is cancelled by Outdoor UW, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will not be issued if participants cancel within 24 hours of event.
- Driving or Travel Details
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information
- Trip Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- Trip Purpose/Goals