Outdoor Explorer Series (Introductory Course): Managing Risk in the Outdoors
Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023 (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Risk management is an essential tool when outdoor adventuring. Proper risk assessment and management allows for a safe outdoor experience. Kick-start any adventure safely and effectively by learning or refreshing your knowledge on risk management in the outdoors.
Upon completion of this course participants will:
Learn how to plan for risk prevention
Learn what to do when you need to manage risk
Understand what actions to take when caught in extreme weather
Learn about different animal safety measures
Learn about recognizing risk and making decisions to navigate any situation
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event that the course is cancelled by Outdoor UW, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will not be issued if participants cancel within 24 hours of event.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information