Outdoor Explorer Series (Introductory Course): Backpacking on a Budget
Tuesday, Apr 4, 2023 (5:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Join Outdoor UW for their new Outdoor Explorer Series. Learn and practice a new skill that will make you more comfortable and excited for your next adventure!
Intro to Backpacking
Have you ever been interested in learning about what backpacking is all about? Have you ever wondered why is it popular, how do people get into it, where do they go, what do they need, is it possible to backpack and still be comfortable out there? Come to this class and get these questions answered so you can get ready for your first backpacking trip of the season.
Upon completion of this class, participants will:
- Learn about what backpacking is and why it is a popular outdoor activity
- Learn about the gear and supplies needed to backpack effectively and comfortably while also creatively thinking of substitutions they have that can be used in place of high-end/expensive gear.
- Learn how to effectively pack a backpack
- Learn about local areas that will be good spots for your first backpacking trip and what time of year is the best to visit these location
- Get hands on practice with packing a backpack
- Event Type
- Educational Event (passive learning, no rating)
- Cancellation, Reschedule, and Refund Information
- In the event that the course is cancelled by Outdoor UW, full refunds will be issued. Refunds will not be issued if participants cancel within 24 hours of event.
- Equipment/ Gear Required by Participant
- Food and Equipment Information